Monday, October 12, 2015

Poesie Perfume Dark & Stormy Collection

I just love this time of year when the mornings are always brisk and a little windy, it's bright yet cool, the air is crisp, and the leaves are just starting to consider falling. I call it Apple Weather because it feels like biting into one. Or maybe I'm just weird. The only thing better than when it starts feeling like fall is smelling like fall. When Poesie announced the release of their new Dark & Stormy Collection along with a $2 off sale of her sample packs, I was all in. 






I settled on Byronic Hero, Haunted Past, Sinister Light and I asked for The Abbey as my free sample. I placed my order on 9/15, it shipped on the 22nd, and arrived on the 24th. Pretty impressive.






Byronic Hero

damp sea air, green herbs, grey musk, smooth lavender, worn leather

In the bottle: leather and ??? 

On my skin: Leather, but it smells weird. Not necessarily musty, sort of almost edible, but I wouldn’t want to eat it. Which doesn’t make sense. Thankfully the weirdness goes away on the dry down. Now I smell old leather and soft musk. This is very masculine and I love it. It smells like Boyfriend Hoodie - warm and comforting and the reason why you end up stealing at least one of your man’s hoodies or sweatshirts to wear when he’s not around. Lasted at moderate throw for an hour and a half and lingered close to the skin for another hour. 


Haunted Past 

creamy pumpkin drizzled with salted caramel, darkest coffee and chocolate laced with vanilla

In the bottle: Weird. Idk what I’m smelling. I know that it’s nice, it reads a little gourmand/foodie… but I can’t pin down any notes.

On my skin: Yup, food. A very subtle pumpkin with that same airy vanilla I smelled in The Abbey. Once it dries I think I get a little hint of coffee. The good kind, not the shitty Folgers my husband insists on buying. I’ve tested this a few times and the most I’ve gotten out of this is barely an hour and a half.


Sinister Light

charred wood, sweet hay and dried leaves, pumpkin flesh studded with cloves, carnation, the heat of ginger

In the bottle: Creamy pumpkin

On my skin: Pumpkin and ginger while wet. When it dries though, I get hay and fallen leaves. While I wish the pumpkin and ginger had stuck around a little longer, this one gets a thumbs up. This scent is another soft subtle one but it still has a nice throw. I was sitting here reading something with my chin resting on my hand and it sort of hung around at the edge of my awareness. I would wear this perfume everywhere. To top it off, I got an amazing five whole hours out of it. 




The Abbey

sweet rosewood, white and red sandalwood, four vanillas, a spark of coriander and cardamom

In the bottle: Mm spicy wood.

On my skin: I smell spice and wood and I get the oddest sense of smelling space: it’s like stepping into a vast hall in an old half forgotten building somewhere. After looking at the notes, I think it’s the sandalwoods and vanilla giving me that effect. I keep catching the edge of vanilla every time I sniff my wrist and smell that airy space note. Once it dries, I get cardamom and vanilla. The throw is very strong on this. It’s so strong that, even though I love this, I’m considering washing it off. It gets more bearable when, after an hour, the throw drops sharply to moderate-bordering-on-light. It gave me another hour and a half at least of wear time. Not too shabby.



I'm very impressed. I loved my scents, and with one exception, they lasted for a decent amount of time on me. Add to that the quick TAT and shipping time and yep. I will definitely be getting my hands on more of Poesie's stuff. 


~M.


You can check out the rest of the Dark & Stormy Collection, and everything else at Poesie Perfume's website.




No comments:

Post a Comment