Sunday, October 4, 2015

Haus of Gloi Ghost Puffs, Tobac, & Persephone's Descent

So remember when I made that joke about Haus of Gloi shopping being a full contact sport? Last Sunday, the Haus released Part 2 of their Autumn release. I was all set to do battle: I was already logged in and had the few things that I wanted that were still in stock preloaded into my cart. It took me less than ten minutes to sort through everything and load up my cart, and yet, by the time I hit checkout every scent I wanted in perfume oil samples, pumpkin butter, and whipped soap had sold out. 



I actually felt a little bruised after all of that. 


I did manage to pick up a few other things (and I'll post a review when they get here). I was lucky enough to find two of the samples I had wanted the most up for sale in IMAM's Sunday Swap thread last week. So in preparation for the restocks, I'm happy to give you my impressions of three more of the Autumn scents: Tobac (which I also had and forgot about), Ghost Puffs, and Persephone's Descent. You'll have to find your own helmet and sheild, though. 




Ghost Puffs

Buttery popcorn and marshmallow goo orbs, presented on a wooden stick.

In the bottle: Gooey marshmallow and a little butter.

On my skin: I get popcorn coated with marshmallow and a little hint of a wood under it all. After about thirty minutes, it’s buttery marshmallow with the woody heart. Yeah. I definitely can see what all the fuss is about. It has a throw that’s on the lightish side. Unfortunately it wasn’t very long lasting. I only squeezed two hours out of it. I wouldn’t mind getting my hands on this in a Pumpkin Butter or as a bath product.


Persephone’s Descent

Pomegranate, pale musk, narcissus blossom and black amber.

In the bottle: Pomegranate Juice

On my skin: I’m not getting any pomegranate. What I get is a delicate white floral. As it begins to dry, it deepens and I start to smell musk coming through and the barest hint of pomegranate hiding out in the background. I do like it, but I expected more pomegranate. Instead it’s Narcisuss’s Day and Pomegranate is stuck dealing with her Bridezilla crap and holding her bouquet until she can slink off and get a drink at the reception. After about an hour, it smells like Black Amber managed to convince Pomegranate to sneak back to his hotel room. I have no idea where I'm going with this wedding metaphor. Anyway, I got a decent two and a half hours out of this. Now I’m even more bummed I didn’t get this in lotion form. I may have to strap my helmet on and dive in to tomorrow’s restock. 


Tobac

Pipe tobacco, a wisp of smoke, Bourbon vanilla and two cedarwoods.

In the bottle: Sweet vanilla and musky tobacco.

On my skin: I know I must have tried it because I found this one in my "Someday I'll Swap These" box. I have no idea why I did that becaue this is lovely. It’s been years since I’ve smelled a box, but it reminds me of a box of Swisher Sweets or the vanilla version of Black & Milds. I used to work in a Wawa and I'd just sniff them because they smelled amazing. Who knew I'd grow up and be able to smell like them? What a time to be alive! Bonus it doesn't turn into cat pee like most tobacco notes I've encountered do. AND it also had decent longevity: I got a good two and a half hours out of it, and another hour or so where it lingered on my skin. Clearly Past Me was out of her mind. I need this in a full size.



If you decide to wade in, restocks are set to go up at Noon PST on Sunday the 4th.  HoG does combine shipping automatically, so it might be easier to snatch up anything you want that's still in stock now, before wading into battle.  I'll light a candle for you.


~M.


1 comment: