Sunday, November 8, 2015

sixteen92 Fall Bath & Body Mini Haul

I meant to have this one up weeks ago, but life has been crazy here.  I've been dealing with family drama, I have some of them staying with me for the next few weeks, and a little bit of depression brought on by the start of "Goddamn it's only 5pm and it's dark already" Season.   Things on the family scene have calmed down a little bit.  At least enough that I finally have time to work my way through the mountain of Fall stuff that I bought last month.    



So far I haven't spilled this one. *knock on wood*



I wasn't planning on picking up anything from the Fall Release.  That was because I forgot about the lotion only scents and the hair serum.  I'm still working my way through my Black Violet Detangling Spray; finding out Last Exit For the Lost was going to be one of the fall hair scents was what decided me.  I thought it may help me to finally use it up if I had some apple scented hair oil to use with it.  Along with the Supernatural Serum, I picked two minis so I could check out some lotion only scents. 




Last Exit For The Last Supernatural Hair Serum


Besides my BV spray, this goes very well with all the apple scents I picked up lately.  I find this smells slightly different than the perfume oil does.  With the oil, I get mostly apple with a faint bit of the outdoors notes under it, but with the Serum I can smell more of the hay as well as the apple.  I raved about how much I loved the serum already, but I don't think I mentioned how long lasting it can be.  I've used it to moisturize my scalp at night and woke up still able to smell it in the morning.   




Maple Pecan Shortbread Hand & Body Lotion


I really liked this one.  At first, I couldn't get enough of it.  I love shortbread cookies, and now I smell like them!  Then I made the mistake of asking my husband's opinion:


Me: "Smell this." *shoves my wrist up under his nose.*
Him: "You smell like a candle."
Me: "I DO NOT.
Him: *sniffs again* "Totally candles."
Me: *sniffs and thinks it does smell a little waxy.* "I hate you so much."

The Fun Ruiner, didn't put me off this entirely, but now I can't  unsmell a little wax underneath.  The effect I get now is of a maple shortbread cookie scented candle.  Jerk.  I'm still wearing it though.  So there.



Salted Caramel Latte Hand & Body Lotion

This smells like a good latte: nice strong shot of espresso, not too milky and just enough syrup to give you that caramel flavor without crossing into sugar for sugar's sake territory.  

My husband smelled it and declared that I smell like pancakes.  

Him: "mmm you smell like pancakes."
Me: "It's supposed to be a caramel latte."
Him: ......."You smell like syrup."
Me: *surreptitiously feels his head to make sure he's not feverish* "If you say so."

I can't complain.  At least he liked it.  I've been wearing a lot of resiny and incense heavy perfumes and they're always met with a stink face and outrage about how everything I wear smells awful lately.  


Pumpkin Apple Fig Hand & Body Lotion




*Surprise Bonus Review!*

This one I got in a swap sometime last year, tried it, and promptly forgot about it.  I decided to retest this one and it's ok.  It's a rare unsweet, nonpie pumpkin, but it's accompanied with a lot of spice that is just this side of being potpourri.  Besides the spiced pumpkin, I get a tiny bit of fig, but no apple.  




I didn't comment on the performance of the lotions because I didn't want to sound like a broken record.  TL;DR: It's my HG hand lotion and I tend to buy the minis so that I can throw them in my purse and take them with me every where I go.  


~M.


P.S. According to the shop's fb, The Fall and Halloween collections will be available until Nov. 12th and the new Winter Collection will be realised on the 13th at 1pm CST.  You can also poke around there for sneak peaks of the new collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment