Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Haus of Gloi 2015 Fall Release



I know, I know. HoG Yule is out, and has been for awhile. So why the hell are we talking about Autumn? First it was I didn't want to talk about what I got because I shopped HoG for my exchange partner during IMAM's Fall Exchange. I didn't want her to see and guess all the fabulous and good smelling stuff coming her way. While I was shopping for her, I snagged Blood Orange Marshmallow, a Bubbling Scrub in Pumpkin Queen, and a Vanilla Nag Champa Butter Bomb. Then, I snagged a few more Autumn scents in swaps. So we are talking about Autumn now because it is technically still Autumn, so there. 






Apple Milk

Apple pulp, hot milk and cardamom.

In the bottle: mashed apples and a light spice. nutmeg maybe or cardamom

On my skin: Nope, it's cardamom. This smells like mashed apples and cream, lightly spiced with cardamom. It's just a tiny bit sweet too. It has a throw on the light side. This one would be good to wear to the office or for other Grown Up Stuff.  This is really nice.  I can see why it sold out in 2.5 seconds flat.


Blood Orange Marshmallow

Everyone's favorite! Blood orange infused in rich homemade marshmallows. 

In the bottle: Tart orange... so I guess blood orange with a little sweetness under it.

On my skin: This was the main reason (besides exchange shopping) that I decided to wade in on Release Day. I loved Smelly Yeti's Veronica, but like most things, my skin ate it very quickly. What I was hoping for with Blood Orange Marshmallow was a sister scent to Veronica but with better longevity. And I got it! This lasted for a little over four hours on me! The scent was a less sweet version of Veronica: Whereas Veronica was an orange flavored marshmallow, Blood Orange Marshmallow was more tart orange up front with the marshmallow backing it up. I was a little afraid when I saw the Candy Bowl scents were full size only, but I'm glad I took a chance on it.  Now I'm sad I didn't get the pumpkin butter too.


Cozy Pumpkin

Oooo! Fresh pumpkin and our ever popular Cozy Sweater perfume blended together for fall time coziness.

In the bottle: soft pumpkin and a light vanilla. Is it weird that it doesn’t read as a *foodie* scent?

On my skin: This was a very light, skin hugging scent. Lasted an hour. Which is fine, because technically I bought this for my niece. But it's fine, she spilled half of my BPAL Anubis imp, so I'm wearing her perfume before I give it to her.

....Or it was fine. My mom decided that she wanted Cozy Pumpkin, so it went home with her instead. 


Peach Milk Butter Bomb

Ripe peaches simmered in milk. 

I haven't used this because I'm giving this one to my mom. Sniffing it, I get fresh sweet peaches. 


Vanilla Nag Champa Butter Bomb

Aged vanilla bean and our lovely nag champa. 

I snagged this in a swap and I loved this one. It smells surprisingly like Cozy Sweater. I hope it comes back so I can buy a bunch more.


Pumpkin Queen Bubbling Scrub

Gentle hay pillows, pumpkin, ripe peaches dusted with clove and nutmeg, dried summer herbs, and lastly, a lovely crown of amber.

I almost didn't buy this.  I'm still working on a giant jar of whipped soap from Kheimistrii and thought that I definitely did not need any more soap yet.  Thankfully, I made the right decision and ignored my sensible side. This is a lovely pumpkin scent: It's a soft sweet pumpkin with a tiny bit of spice. I don't really smell the peach on it's own, I think what it does here is soften the pumpkin down. The amber is blended in very well. It gives Pumpkin Queen a gentle warmth. As far as the scrub itself, I love it. It leaves my skin feeling soft, clean, and moisturized when I get out of the shower. I might still need to moisturize my hands and feet, but the rest of my skin is fine if I decide to save a step and skip the lotion. 



The other reason I decided to go ahead and review these guys? Because there's still a butt load of Autumn stuff up for sale. Including full size Apple Milk. You're welcome.

~M.


No comments:

Post a Comment