Sunday, August 30, 2015

sixteen92 Fall 2015 Collection

And here we have the other half of this Fall's Circle subscription.  The the theme for these five scents are Halloween.  What did I think of this collection?



What the hell is all that about?  Well, follow along after the jump and see for yourselves....







Bela Lugosi's Dead 

Clove bud, tobacco absolute, smoked vanilla resin, flame

In the bottle: Clove and incense 

On my skin: wood smoke and clove and incense. I tried this one on last, because I was afraid that like Salem, the clove would overpower everything else and then give me a headache.  Surprise surprise, this stays nicely balanced and the clove behaves itself. The overall effect is something like offertory incense tossed onto smoldering embers.  This had a moderate throw and lasted just under two hours.


(Every Day is) Halloween

An overflowing candy pail, the crunch of leather boots on fallen leaves, cold stones, damp air and a wisp of bonfire smoke

In the bottle: Pumpkin and chocolate
On my skin: You know how every Halloween, Reese's puts out pumpkin shaped peanut butter cups? Well if they made a version with pumpkin creme inside instead of peanut butter, it'd smell like this.  After it dried down a bit, I can't decide if I'm smelling caramel or candy corn, but I get a bit more candy depth.  It has moderate throw, but it sadly lasted only an hour :( :(


Last Exit for the Lost

Orchard apples, woven wood baskets, dried hay, distant chimney smoke on cool air

In the bottle: Crisp juicy apple

On my skin: Apple and hay and something faintly earthy underneath. This is very similar to  Arcana's Apples Crave Orchards, but it doesn't have the bit of spice that Arcana does. Throw is on the lightish side: it started out pretty good but faded down considerably after about half an hour.  I only got about an hour and a half total out of this one, which is par for the course with apple perfumes on me.


Lucretia, My Reflection 

Orris root, immortelle, white sandalwood, blackened vanilla, star anise (premium)

In the bottle: Floral and... Root beer? 

On my skin: Definitely root beer. A nice craft root beer with anise, I think. I'm not getting any of the floral I smelled in the bottle.   This had a light throw, and lasted two and a half hours.


Spellbound 

Creamed pumpkin, spiced bourbon & tahitian vanillas, sticky marshmallow fluff

In the bottle: Pumpkin 

On my skin: Ok yeah. This is pumpkin. All it needs is a flaky hot crust note and this would be the Perfect Pumpkin Pie Perfume.  This one has a lighter throw than (Every Day Is) Halloween but no chocolatey goodness to it.  I think I'm catching hints of my buddy Jim Beam.  (Don't look at me like that, I cook with it.  Pro tip: try it in your french toast).   I got about two and a half hours out of this.



Goddammit.  I loved all of these but they didn't love me.  The longest lasting ones only hung around for two and a half hours.  After having the Halloween scents last so long on me, this was so disappointing to go back to burning through everything like my name is the Human Torch.  Oh well.  I still love the way they smell.  I think I'll be picking up Bela Lugosi, one of the pumpkins, and maybe Lucretia in lotion form.  I don't think that Claire's said either way when eau de parfum versions will come out, but I'm looking forward to seeing if they perform any different and/or last longer than the oils.

~M.

No comments:

Post a Comment