Sunday, August 16, 2015

Life's Entropy Matte Lip Theories



Life's Entropy recently reopened with a new line of Matte Lip Theories and two new eye shadows.  As soon as these were announced, I knew they would be mine.  I picked up Variable, DNE, and Fractal.




l to r: DNE, Variable, and Fractal



I really like these.  The formula is very liquidy, but dries to a light feeling formula on my lips.  Fractal felt a bit dry on my lips, but I'm not sure if it was just Fractal's formula or the fact that it was the last one I swatched and my lips were like "no more please and thank you!".  These are, maybe not kiss proof, but certainly kiss resistant.  Variable and DNE didn't come off at all when I kissed my hand and Son #2 while Fractal kissed off a little.  Despite kissing off, Fractal wore very well: I left it on after I finished swatching for another 4 hours through dinner, coffee, and good night kisses.  It didn't come off until I took it off with mineral oil, and it didn't stain as much as I thought it would.  It took a pass of a mineral oil soaked cotton ball and a bit of exfoliation with a microfiber rag (which I do every night anyway), but when I finished all traces of it were gone.  Now, with that said, on to the swatches!




All of these swatches were done with two coats of product and shot in natural afternoon light.



Stock Control Sample pic for comparison 



I started with well exfoliated and moisturized lips, and then patted them lightly with a tissue to remove any excess oil.



Variable

Variable is a lovely pinky brown MLBB shade.  Out of all of these I've been wearing it the most.  It's perfect for everyday wear.





DNE


DNE is a perfect for fall color.  I believe the website lists it as a berry red, but on my lips it looks more wine colored.  Or maybe I'm splitting hairs.  However you describe it, it's gorgeous.



Fractal



Fractal is a deep berry purple.  My camera didn't pick it up, but there's a subtle gold shimmer to it too.  



I'm very tempted to pick up the other two colors, but I think Infinity is too light for me.  Palindrome though, is very tempting and I'm kicking myself for not grabbing that one too.  



~M




You can find the full line up Matte Lip Theories here at Life's Entropy's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment