Thursday, June 18, 2015

KaeQ



I've resisted ordering from KaeQ for ages. Don't get me wrong, I really wanted All The Things. The problem is I was in the middle of a Low Buy when Nicole opened up shop. It doesn't help that I'm a lipstick junkie. Considering the amount of lip products I already had, I could justify getting more... No matter how much I really wanted them.

I finally decided to take the plunge when KaeQ did their tandem 20% off sale with Baroque Cosmetics last month.  Plus, buying at one shop got you a coupon for the other. I ended up picking up two Besos and a Mielo balm.





I fully admit I have a lip balm problem.  I think right now I have six.  I think.  It's just that places will have a discount for buying them in 3's or 5's and it's so nice to have one in your purse and one in your bathroom and one in your desk and of course you need to try out different flavors and next thing you know you have enough to open up your own lip balm shop.  Or maybe that's just me.  Luckily for me, KaeQ only offers the Mielo balms in Original and Chamomile & Calendula.  
I couldn't decide, so I flipped a coin and ended up picking Chamomile & Calendula.  



Included in my order was this adorable shade card


For me, when it comes to lip balms, the balm to beat is Carmex.  I love the way it felt and the tingle the menthol gave my lips.  The closest I've come to that since diving into indie balms is Ten Three Labs pre-reformulation Salve Sticks.  KaeQ's Mielo balm doesn't have that minty tingle, but it feels really nice on my lips.  It feels moisturizing without being heavy and greasy like some balms can.  Best of all, is the smell.  It's so comforting, like I'm holding a cup of chamomile tea.  




Left Carambola, Right Mamey

In the summertime, I am all about those brights.  Then I realized I have lots of reds, lots of hot pink, but I don't really have a lot of oranges, especially not a wearable orange.  Hoping to change that, I picked Mamey and Carambola for my first Beso order.  



Carambola

Ok This was not at all what I was expecting based on the swatch that came with the listing.  I was expecting a bright orange lipstick.  This is orange, and it's bright, but it's more of a sheer balm than it is a lipstick.  This would be a good one if you want to branch out into brights but are scared of going over the top with it.    




Mamey

And Mamey was exactly what I've been looking for.  This is a beautiful pinky-orange coral shade of my dreams.  It's bright but not obnoxiously so, it's everyday but not boring.  And even better, it goes on smooth and buttery, straight from the bullet.  


All in all I'm very happy with my order.  Even if Carambola turned out to be sheerer than I thought it would be, it's still a nice product.  On the other hand, Mamey turned out to be everything I've ever wanted in life and the Mielo balm is nice and soothing on poor abused lips.  To quote Meatloaf, 2 outta 3 ain't bad.   ...And I'm singing it now goddammit.


~M

You can find all these and more!  at Kaeqshop.com.  



No comments:

Post a Comment