Thursday, June 18, 2015

Life's Entropy Animal Sanctuary

Next up in my Trying To Clear My Back Log of Reviews Series, I thought we'd talk about Life's Entropy Cosmetics.  Mostly because I found out that they are discontinuing part of their product line on July 1 to make room  for Exciting New Things.   According to LE's facebook page, the following are on the chopping block:

* ALL of the Animal Sanctuary Eyeshadows except: Just Kitten and Owl Always Love You
* ALL of the Secret Shop Eyeshadows except: Dismember, Exorcism, and Astral Imprisonment
* Yellow & Brown Foundation Elixirs
* Electron & Quark Particle Contour Sticks
* Alloy, Coralation (will be reformulated), Recursion, and Synapse Lip Theories



My first experience with LE was picking up a sample set of the Animal Sanctuary collection of eyeshadows, plus a sample of Smoke Screen in a swap I did ages and ages ago.  











I did all these swatches over Darling Girl's Glitter Glue (up top) and NYX's HD Primer (down low).  Please excuse my ashy arm patches.  


First up, from left to right:  Monkey Business, Oh Deer, My Mane Man, & Stay Pawsitive

Next, Turtle-y Wicked, Elephantry My Dear Watson, Quick Brown Fox, & Bad Hare Day


Last but not least: Happy Annibearsary, Smoke Screen, Horsing Around, Just Kitten, & Owl Always Love You





As you can see, these are really nice, pigmented shadows.  With the exception Elephantary, they work equally as well over a regular or sticky base.  I can't speak to their performance on bare skin; I have super oily lids, so some kind of primer is a must for me.




GG to the left and NYX to the right

Stay Pawsitive is a white with a gold sheen that my camera refused to pick up.  




  My Mane Man is a satin almost antiqued gold which surprisingly does better over Glitter Glue than just straight primer.



Oh Deer is a beige with a shimmery gold overlay.



Monkey Business is another gold shifted shadow, this time with a medium brown base



Bad Hare Day is more shimmery gold over a peachy base this time




Quick Brown Fox is Orange with a bright red shift that comes out over a sticky base.




Elephantary My Dear Watson is advertised as a khaki brown with a silver shift.  Mostly I get a silvery brown that turns bright silver over a sticky base.




Turtle-y Wicked is a deep green that gains a gold shift over a sticky base.  




Owl Always Love You is a silver with a gold shift that my camera had a hard time capturing.





Just Kitten is a pink base with a very strong gold shift.  On me, I just get shiny gold.  That's not a complaint.




Horsing Around is advertised as a medium brown with a red shift.  The effect I get is a browny-purple that only gets more shimmery purple over a sticky base.  This one is probably my favorite.




Happy Annibearsary is basically a darker brown version of Horsing Around.  




Smoke Screen is a beautiful shimmery royal purple that works great as a shadow or foiled as a liner.




I really love these shadows, especially for everyday.  They're colorful without being too bold and shimmery without being fallout glitterbombs.  I'm sad that these are going the way of the dodo, but I'm really excited to see what New Stuff is coming in their place.


Coming up next soon someday, I'll talk about The Time I Actually Put in an Order And What Took Me So Long To Do It.  

~M.

No comments:

Post a Comment