Wednesday, July 29, 2015

KaeQ 2: Electric Boogaloo

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



I made another KaeQ order this month in my continuing search for Bright Ass Summer Lip Colors.  I've been wearing the hell out of Mamey, but I still wanted an ORANGE orange.  After my last post, a few of you suggested I try I Mango.  I hadn't planned on ordering again so soon, but Nicole announced a 20% off Sale AND a green (!) beso, Aguataque, as July's Color of the Month.  While I was at it, I picked up a full size of Dragonfruit.

Tada!


Again, I am super impressed with KaeQ's Besos.  Mango and Dragonfruit are pigmented like whoa.  How pigmented, you ask?  While I was swatching, I kissed Son #2 all over his face with all 3 colors.  Normally, I can sort him out with just a baby wipe.  This time, I had to use Mineral Oil and then wash his face to get all of the lip prints off.  On my lips, Dragonfruit was the only one that stained.  I'm getting ahead of myself.  Let's make with the swatching.



Aguataque

OK, so at first I wasn't going to pick up Aguataque.  I wanted to try a green, but I wasn't sure if this particular green would look good on me.  But it came as a Besito in addition to the full size Beso, yeah.  Get in the cart.  I liked that it came with a doe foot applicator... Which I didn't use because I thought it was too pretty.  Is that weird? 

It's been so hot even my makeup is sweating


I still wasn't sure about the color.  It kind of looked like pea soup.  It went on pretty sheer with just one coat

P.S. I had to redo these this morning. Dragonfruit was my first swatch and it stained  like a mofo.

But with two,  it looks really good.  

Still a lil sheer on my bottom lip

I'm still not sure if it's a good color on me. I'd probably only wear it when I want to wind my mom up (because I'm 36 going on 13 and it's fun to hear her carry on.  You'd think she'd have caught on by now.  Which makes it even better.  *evil laughter*).


Dragonfruit

I saw Dragonfruit at Wegmans the other day and it freaked me out.

This one I just picked up because why not?  It's on sale.  Plus I like hot pink.  

Oooh yeah.

Y'know what?  This was an excellent decision.  It reminds me of my favorite Milani lipstick, Flirty Fuchsia.  See?

Left Flirty Fuchsia, right Dragonfruit.

Also, can I point out how much I like these containers?  They make it easy to apply the product without having to use a brush and also without making a big mess.


Mango

Looks promising...


Yup.  This is it.  This the Orange I was looking for.  It's nice and bright and perfect for summer. 

One coat, y'all.
Pack it up and go home, everyone.  I've totally slayed my White Wale.  This is my HG indie orange.  On top of that, I found my HG indie Hot Pink before I really thought about looking and Mamey's my HG indie coral.  I don't know what to do with myself now.  Well, I guess I can destash all my drugstore stuff I never wear anymore.




These besos are killing me.  They go on like buttah, they're pigmented af, and they feel ahmazing on.  The only con for me is that they're almost too soft.  I'm always afraid of rolling it up too far in case it smooshes down or breaks off.  It worked out good with the besito though.  I've had problems with sample size lippies before being too hard to work with in a clamshell.  Yay!

M.

PS. KaeQ is running another 23% off sale now until July 31st, because Nicole is a life ruiner who wants all of my money... and I feel no choice but to give it to her, for I am a lipstick addict.  Y'all can expect a review for August's COTM Herbology in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment