Wednesday, December 16, 2015

BPAL Halloween Part II: Pickman Gallery

And here we have Part II of my massive Weenies haul from Deek's Decant.  If you missed it, you can check out Part I here.  Today we're getting in to the Pickman Gallery scents.  





As you can see, I ended up picking up six scents: A Witch Riding A Dragon, The Sorceress, The Witches Sabbath, Depart Pour Le Sabbat, La Femme De Satan and Portrait of an Unidentified Man as Mephistopheles, which is a mouth-full.  






Pickman Gallery - Hecate's Inheritance


A Witch Riding on a Dragon 

Blackened tonka, patchouli, dragon’s blood resin, and scorched oak.

In the bottle: Woody.

On my skin: Naugthy Vanilla.  It's not a boozey vanilla the way The Other Miss Spink is.  It's resiney and a little smokey.  This one doesn't morph alot until it dries down to the heart after about an hour.  Then it smells like smoke and chard wood that still has a hint of vanilla clinging to it.  This would be a really good scent to Go Out and Do Adult Shit: it sticks close to the skin while still having presence.  I got a good two hours of wear out of it.


Depart Pour Le Sabbat

Bourbon vanilla, sweet red patchouli, oudh, goat’s milk accord, and white honey.

In the bottle: Milk and honey

On my skin: Milky and sweet with a lot of depth. I think I'm catching a hint of vanilla. light throw. After it's dry, I get a deep vanilla with a slight smoky woodiness to it.  This one wore for about three hours.


The Sorceress

An evocation incense of frankincense, styrax, lavender buds, mastic, and white sandalwood mingled with moonflower, violet absolute, tuberose, and dark musk.

In the bottle: Florals and something green or maybe lavender.

On my skin: It smells like lavender and what I'm guessing is moonflower with something that gives it a tiny bit of a soapy edge. I think that's a resin. It feels resiny. That doesn't make sense. Whatever it's 8:30 in the morning, and I haven't finished my coffee yet. This reminds me of something I used to love from Bath & Bodyworks, like Moonlight Path maybe.  It lasted just over two hours.


The Witches' Sabbath

Burgundy and champaca resin with immortelle, leather accord, wine-soaked red fruits, rose geranium petals, red patchouli, guttering candles, and smoke.

In the bottle: Fruity and boozey... Sangria.

On my skin: Much more lightly boozey on the skin. Not quite wine, maybe a fruit liqueur with floral overtones. As it dries, white florals start to emerge... like rose and... rose geranium. What with all the resins and candle smoke and patchouli in the notes, I was not expecting this one to be as light as it is.  I didn't expect it to last for a whole three hours, either.



Pickman Gallery - Sympathy For The Devil


La Femme De Satan

Red musk and cacao with clove, caramelized tobacco, aged patchouli, red currant, black leather, and vanilla-infused amber.

In the bottle: This is what Red from Good Omens would wear.

On my skin: Wet, first, I have no idea, just that it's nice. After a minute I get vanilla and amber or musk and a little fruit, which I guess is the currant. After a few more minutes I get patchouli-leather. The whole effect is... interesting. Like a well loved pair of leather gloves that have picked up their lady's signature scent. After half an hour, it turns into fruit tinged amber with a bare hint of powder to it. I think there's a tiny bit of clove that I'm smelling, or it could be the amber. Faded down to a skin scent by two and a half hours, and then lingered maybe another thirty minutes. 


Portrait of an Unidentified Man as Mephistopheles

A debonair lavender fougere cloaked in smoky red musk, red mandarin, and oakmoss.

In the bottle: Fancy Cologne?

On my skin: Yeah, fancy cologne. I'm looking at the notes but I still can't tell you what I'm smelling, just fancy cologne. It's a very well blended, high end unisex scent. As it dries, different notes finally start to stand out. I can smell lavender and I'd swear I almost smell leather in there too. Or maybe it's musk. There's a little pinch of citrus too. Dry, it smells like Orange Musk. It faded down to a skin scent after three hours of wear, and then lingered for another hour.


I honestly did not think about the fact that I ended up getting thirteen scents from a Halloween decant circle.  Spoooooooky.   And out of all thirteen there was only one scent I didn't like and one that I burned through.  Witchcraft.  


~M.


If you're interested in Deeks Decants, check out her Facebook group for info on upcoming circles and other goodness.   If you're interested in picking up any of these Weenies for yourself, they'll be available until December 28th over at http://blackphoenixalchemylab.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment