Tuesday, February 9, 2016

BPAL The Collected Poetic Works of Antonin Scalia




I absolutely love the concept behind BPAL's Scalia collection:

We’ve had myriad political figures throughout US history that have possessed acid tongues, but few in the modern era have provided such a constant stream of colorfully vitriolic superlatives as Antonin Scalia.

He is the federal court’s beat poet of indignation and right-wing rage.

For your pleasure, we present a line dedicated to SCOTUS’ reigning Sick Burn Champion, the cranky, flamboyant, inimitable Justice Antonin Gregory Scalia. Proceeds from every single bottle will be donated to the Southern Poverty Law Center, the Trevor Project, and the National Center for Transgender Equality.

Gotta love that irony.  These originally came out when I was in the middle of a low buy, so charity or not, I couldn't justify picking them up, not even in decant form.  I was lucky enough to swap for a half bottle of Ask the Nearest Hippie and getting Ajevie decants of Mummeries And Straining-To-Be-Memorable Passages and of Jiggery Pokery.  





Ask The Nearest Hippie

An olfactory guide, created to assist you in locating nearby hippies: patchouli, hemp, smoky vanilla bean, and cannabis accord.

(No, there is no actual weed in this perfume, silly.)


In the bottle: Eau du Hippie

On my skin: 
I was the most excited for this one, and it did not disappoint: it opens smelling strongly of woody patchouli. As it dries, it gets smokey and there's hemp too.  Dry, the total effect is Hippie with a Bong.  I feel like all I'm missing is a hemp-wrapped bead necklace and a broomstick skirt.  I got three hours from this and I spent approximately two and a half of them singing Because I Got High and giggling. 


Jiggery Pokery

I dunno. “Jiggery Pokery” just felt like it needed a whimsical scent attached to it, so here’s some pink pepper cotton candy with a sliver of orange peel and a hint of vanilla cream.


In the bottle: It smells pink and juicy... like bubble gum

On my skin: Juicy Fruit Gum. It's pink (which I did not know pink had a smell until now) and sweet and fruit punchy. Or maybe it's cotton candy. Whatever it is, it's very pink and very sweet and loads of fun. The cotton candy gets stronger as it dries. Altogether it lasted two hours on me.


Mummeries And Straining-To-Be-Memorable Passages


Rosemary is for remembrance: rosemary water with lavender, blackberry, Italian bergamot, and white musk.

In the bottle: very strong and green

On my skin: Oh it's rosemary and it's lovely.  Dries down to a juicy floral after about twenty minutes. It had very good throw but it lasted only an hour and a half.



I really enjoyed these scents, even if I burned through these pretty quickly or, in Ask the Nearest Hippie's case, I don't know if I'm brave enough to wear it out of the house.   I still want Looming Spectre of Inutterable Horror, so much so that I'm giving serious consideration to just blind buying it.   It helps that it's A) for a good cause and B) is full of notes that are usually hits for me.   

~M.

The Poetic Works of Antonin Scalia is a Limited Edition collection, but all six scents are still currently in stock on BPAL's website.




No comments:

Post a Comment