Thursday, March 26, 2015

Jordana Modern Matte Lipsticks



Hey y'all.  I'd like to say that I haven't updated in awhile because life got crazy and I was off being a Responsible Adult.  What really happened was I made the mistake of downloading a Pokemon LeafGreen rom.  That and my skin went crazy, so I haven't been playing with my makeup as much, which gave me more time to work on leveling up my squad, and it turned into a vicious PokeCycle of slacking off.  Now that I've finally managed to hit on a new skincare routine that's working, I figure it's time to get down to business.



Ok but we're talking about makeup, not fighting the huns.



Much better.




It seems like this Spring, everyone's all about matte lips.  Jordana's contribution to the trend is their new Modern Matte Lipsticks.  The full line up has 18 colors and they're priced around $2.99.  I found these at a Walgreens on sale for, I believe $2.50.  I originally only picked up Matte Caliente and Matte Bare.  After trying them out, I went back and snagged Matte Pretty and Matte It Girl.  I'd have gotten more, but the cupboard was sadly bare.  After testing them out, I can totally see why.




Bare Lips


Control sample.  Because I like to be thorough.


Matte Bare


This is a really pretty nude pink. It's one of the few pinks I've found that looked good on me even thought they aren't brown based.


Matte Pretty


My favorite of the bunch.  A lovely pinky coral MLBB (which in case you were wondering is my favorite kind) and a wonderful Spring color.


Matte It Girl


A nice bold fuschia.  Out of all of these this is the driest feeling on my lips.  It feels nice on, but you definitely want to make sure your lips are moisturized before putting this on.  Also, this bad boy stains.  And when I say it stains, I mean that it resists coming off with Mineral Oil and I woke up the next morning with pink lips.    


Matte Caliente



Disclosure: I had to tweak the color on this swatch to get it close to what it looks like in real life.  I got pretty close, but in person it's just a tad more orange based.  This one also stains, but not as badly as Matte It Girl.  


I love these lipsticks.  I've been wearing them almost every day since I got my hands on them.  They go on easily, straight from the bullet, feel lightweight, and are very long lasting.  You will get some slight transfer, but I've had days where I drank entirely too many cups of coffee, kissed my kids (whether they liked it or not), and had a stack of pancakes or  pizza and still my lipstick looked great for around four hours.  If I don't abuse them with greasy foods, I can get around six hours of wear.

~ M.


I've seen Jordana in the wild at Walgreens and some Kmarts.  If you don't have either of those available, you can buy the full line up directly from Jordana's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment