Monday, September 21, 2015

Haus of Gloi Spider Silk & Pumpkin Patch

Or That Time Mel Bought Stuff In A Swap And Promptly Forgot All About It.


Aw, man don't do that!  I'm writing them up right now!



This is really bad. I've been working my way through my rather large sample collection to A) work up a review of my BPAL imps and B) get rid of the ones that don't really work well or last long on me. In sorting through and reorganizing everything, I found two Haus of Gloi scents from last autumn that I don't remember getting, and in Pumpkin Patch's case, was still taped up from shipping. I'm guessing I got them in a swap sometime last winter and just forgot all about them.  I figure since the Fall collection is out now, and with Part 2 of the Halloween Release coming up on the 27th, I may as well throw these up real quick.








It was finally cool enough out to appreciate them too.




Spider Silk

Procured from a dream: delicate water mint, wispy grey musk, crystalline webs of amber, oakmoss, torchwood, copaiba resin, and a touch of withered violet leaf.

In the bottle: I had no idea what I smelled but I liked it. After looking at the notes I think maybe it was the mint and the violet leaf.

On my skin: Wet I get pale musk and something woody. As it dries, I think the wood I note is oakmoss, which quickly becomes the star of the show. I think I get a little amber underneath, but this is mostly oakmoss, and it’s lovely. It feels like being in a forest on a cool morning. I got an excellent four and a half hours, and it was still going strong before I fell asleep wearing it last night.



Pumpkin Patch

Dried leaves, twisted vines, orange pumpkins, golden amber and earth.

In the bottle: Mmm fall.

On my skin: Basically, this is exactly what it says on the tin. I smell dead leaves and dying underbrush and pumpkins still growing on the vine. I could be at the pick your own farm's pumpkin patch.  It had a nice throw and it also lasted forever (for me): I got six whole hours of wear.  This is definitely a keeper.  



tl;dr I'm an idiot that needs to keep better track of my purchases.  Both of these were amazing, and I will be investing in full sizes or pumpkin butters or sugar scrubs or.... yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and get all the Pumpkin Patch and Spider Silk things.  Because I need them.

~M.

No comments:

Post a Comment