Saturday, January 31, 2015

Quickie: L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte

I absolutely was not going to try this foundation.  This soon anyway.  I was interested in it, every Youtube blogger I follow has been raving about it, but I never thought I'd get my hands on it.  It's almost impossible to find swatches in my color range, most people have been reporting that anything darker than Classic Tan was hard to find and seeing how it's pretty expensive for a drugstore product at $12.99 to $14.99, I thought I'd pass for a little while.  Plus I already have way too damn many foundations as it is.  

That was until last night.  I was out running errands and ended up stopping at a Rite Aid to pick up a few odds and ends for my skincare routine.  Lo and Behold, there was a full display.  And L'Oreal was Buy 1 Get 1 50% off.  AND there was a manufacturer coupon on the display for $1 off one product or $4 off two.  Clearly, it was a sign that I needed to buy it now.






I was pretty sure that 110 Soft Sable would be my closest match in the foundation, but the powder I wasn't too sure of.  It went from Classic Tan, which was two shades lighter than Soft Sable in the foundation, to Cocoa, which is the darkest shade available.  In the end, I went with Classic Tan.  



Swatches in natural light. Top Soft Sable; bottom Classic Tan.

So swatches.  For the record, I'm an NC50 in MAC, Caramel in Revlon ColorStay, and Golden Honey in CoverGirl Queen 3 in 1 Fourndation.   Going on wet, it looks like I did a pretty good job picking out shades that match.  Classic Tan is a bit warmer than I might like, but maybe it'll balance out the Soft Sable because when it dries, it likes a little bit cooler than I'd like.

See what I mean?

About a half an hour later, it's dried down to a nice matte finish that does not move when I rub it.  It's also really lightweight: after about 5 minutes it had dried enough that I could forget it was there.  I am tentatively impressed.  I probably won't test this on my face for awhile.  I'm battling a bunch of closed comedones on my jaw and I'd like to get them cleared up before I patch test.  I'd hate to mistake the foundation breaking me out when it's just my skin purging.  Like I said, I didn't see a lot of swatches of this out there on darker skinned girls, so I wanted to share with you all.  I will definitely update when I finally take this baby out for a test run.

If you can't find the full line-up in store, drugstore.com has the full line up of both the foundation and the powder available.

~M


No comments:

Post a Comment