Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Quickie: Blackbird Cosmetics Skulpting Powders

I feel bad.  I've had, loved, and been wearing all twenty of Blackbird Cosmetics matte eyeshadows for months.  They're my favorite matte eyeshadow formula hands down.  I don't know why I haven't bothered to review them yet. (spoiler alert: you need them).   I keep meaning to and telling myself that I'll get to it someday soon.

Aaaaand today is still not that day.  When Maleah, the super awesome force behind Blackbird Cosmetics, announced she was coming out with a line of six(!) contour powders, I was extremely excited.  I finally placed an order last week and they just got here in the mail today.  I can never resist playing with my new things, so I thought I'd do a quick swatch post.  Mostly because I'd already swatched them on my arm.





Since I wasn't sure which color would work best, I opted to get samples of Reduce, Remove, and Subtract.



L to R: Subtract, Remove, and Reduce 

Samples are $2 a pop and are about 1/4 tsp of product in a little baggie.  Full size is $12 for a 6 grams in a nifty jar with a nifty sifter.




Shit's pigmented like Whoa

From left to right we have Subtract, Remove, and Reduce.  These swatches are one swipe, unblended, on my bare NC50 skin.  You can see why I got so excited.  It has not been my experience thus far to find contouring products that were not only dark enough for me but had more than one choice on my end of the spectrum.  Blending these out (sadly no pics of it because I ran out of light), I think Subtract and Remove will work equally well for me.  I can't wait to take these babies out for a proper test run this week.  

If you wanted, you can get your own samples or full sizes of Blackbird's Skulpting Powders right here.  

~M.



1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing swatches and fotds using Blackbird's Skulpting Powders in future posts :)

    joana @ www.dropoffblvd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete